What will I learn?
- How do people blog?
- Understand how to find and organize blogs that may interest you.
Watch and Read this
Technorati has now turned 3 years old, and is a great resource for finding blogs the world over, and for helping you to organize your own blogs. Today, Technorati is tracking about 50 million blogs and is increasingly including other forms of citizen media, including photos and video.
Check out this Technorati page, and watch the video to see how it works.
Beginning to Blog and Who is Blogging and What are they Blogging about?
There are blogs on every topic under the sun. Blogging is a forum, a method, a tool, a resource. You might teach someone, learn something, or just express yourself by blogging.
Who is blogging?
The principles about blogging, the actual ‘doing’ of it, are simple:
1) Have a blog space.
2) Create posts on any topic you wish
3) Write and update your blog regularly
What are People Blogging About?
How Do You Choose What to Blog About? by Lorelle VanFossen is an interesting article about how people decide what to blog.
You may find blogs many ways. The most simple way is to google your subject interest and add the word ‘blog’ to your search.
Technorati has an excellent search facility covering millions of blogsites - Take a look at Technorati and try doing a keyword search for “Learning 2.0” in the Blog Directory.
Google has a Blog Search feature that you can use to find blogs on subjects that interest you.
Blogs themselves are good sources for finding other blogs. Look for the Links section of a blog. Or search the blog for posts about other blogs. How to begin? Start reading!
For Example: The Information Literacy Weblog has a recent page post listing other information literacy related blogs.
Learn about other blogs and blogging for education from the Weblogg-ed site.
What do I have to do?
- Think of topics that you enjoy in your personal life. These may be related to your work or to you personal life. Examples include cooking, teaching, music, web 2.0 and information literacy.
- Add a comment to this post about your intentions for blogging. Tell your colleagues what you plan to blog about.
- Post to your blog a short statement about what your blog is all about.
- Search Technorati or the Google Blog Search to find blogs about the topics that you are interested in.
- Post to your blog links to blogs that are related to your own interests.
Rate this ‘thing’